Having a healthy smile with shinning teeth is something that many of us yearn for. However, the quest of having your teeth look like what we see on billboards, magazine covers and on many advertisements is not an easy thing. A lot has to be done in order to achieve a good oral hygiene, thus a good smile with sparkling teeth. While having regular visits to your dentist will yield much fruit, there are so many things that you can do from your house without necessarily having to travel every time to see your dentist for a tooth check-up. Here are 10 simple tips for dental care that you can try with guaranteed results:
1. Brush your teeth twice in a day. This is perhaps the basic thing that you have been told since you were a toddler. Yes, brushing your teeth at least two times within 12 hours or so will help you fight bacteria that might encroach in order to destroy your teeth. A well-chosen small-head brush will enable you reach all teeth when brushing.
2. The way you brush is also important. Make sure that you brush your teeth as thorough as possible. This may take your two to three minutes.
3. The type of toothpaste is another important factor among tips of dental care. Fluoridated toothpaste is recommended for its fighting bacteria and hardening teeth abilities.
4. Dentists recommend that for you to have strong clean teeth, you need to floss them on a daily basis. When you do so, maintain a gentle sawing motion.
5. Ensure that your daily intake of sugary foods and drinks are kept at bay. Bacteria that are in dental plaque tend to change sugary substances in the mount into acids, which are responsible for dental decay.
6. It is prudent that you limit your intake of fruit juices, soft drinks, acidic drinks, and cordial. Such drinks are known to soften important tooth material. In effect, minerals from these drinks dissolve in tooth enamel sometimes causing cavities. There have been extreme cases where such drinks have caused the complete wearing out of enamel.
7. In case your tooth has been knocked out, try to save it by holding it firmly to its place. After that, seek dental assistance as soon as possible. You might save it.
8. It is wise to protect your teeth. Many people have lost their teeth in the event of playing their favorite sport. While enjoying your sport, cover your teeth using a mouth guard. Alternatively, wear a full-face helmet.
9. Don’t use your teeth for any other job except what they are meant for, chewing food. Some people opt to remove bottle tops using their teeth. This is dangerous!
10. Make it a routine to visit your dentist. This is even if you have a slight toothache or a bleeding gum. It may be of help.
Having looked at the 10 tips for dental care, the choice of having a better smile with sparkling white teeth rests on your palms.